CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Something to Celebate



Good Sunday afternoon stamper friends. Hope you are doing well on this beautiful day. It's so pretty out here in SW MO. Ive got the doors open and can hear the birds sing!

Todays card was an easy peasy card. Every since I seen Dawn Olchefske's post over at her blog http://www.dostamping.typepad.com/
showed how to make a Border Frame with SU! Border Punches Feb 28th, I've been wanting to try it and so today was the day. I really like the way it turned out and hope you do too.
Details:
Stamp Sets: Something to Celebrate and Blessed Mother
Cardstock: Old Olive, Whisper White and GP
Ink: Memento Black and Copic Markers
Misc: Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Pop Dots, Bow Easy and Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

AND now for this cute little Stylish Blogger Award I was given on this past Friday from Judy Marshall, you can see her blog at http://www.judyscraftroom.blogspot.com/
Thanks Judy!

                                                 

So as they say, I need to send this award on to 8 other cool bloggers and tell you 8 things about me that you may or may not know. So here goes!

8 things about me!

1. LOVE Nascar Racing
2. Simple stamper
3. I go for a week of scrapping, eattin and fun with 11 of my closest friends once a year
4. I have 2 furbabies, they are both Shih Tzu's and their names are Miss Dolly (6 yrs old) and Gidget (2 yrs old)
5. Love to go fishing with my hubby when he's home.
6. The only music I love is Country Music and the old 50's
7. I love to dance (don't do much of it, but love it)
8. One of my best friends and I have been friends since we were 6 mos old. (59.5 years) and my other best friend and I have been friends for 15+yrs

Now I'm going to pass this award onto the following gals with great blogs.


Ok, so this post is a long one. LOL Sorry!! Go by and see all the blogs. They have some pretty cool stuff posted.

That's it from me today. Have a great Sunday and a super Monday! THANKS so much for stoppin by!

Happy Stampin,
Lois

11 comments:

Beth McAlexander said...

Very cute. I really like the way you used the ribbon.

Patricia said...

Awww... thanks for the award!
Your card is great. I especially love the ribbon - so simple but so elegant!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! I love how you did that border frame too!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #7 on 3-13-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care!

Rhonda Langley said...

Great idea! Off to try it. Thanks for the award-I actually forgot-need to get it posted!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I'm loving the effect! I love Nascar to! We go to the Michigan August race,this year will be our second. Would have went last year, and had tickets, but my M-I-L passed and well. . . . good thing for tickent insurance, well worth the money! TFS!

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty! I LOVE your bow. Great job & thanks for the award...I have to think of 8 interesting things now! TFS!

Dany said...

1st, I love this card, it is so pretty.

2nd, thank you so much for the blog award.... I promise I will get to it soon, as soon as I get to my blog again (hopefully Sat)

keep up the good work, you always inspire me.

Unknown said...

Cute card! I love the frame and the ribbon--both great ideas!

The Country Rose said...

So sweet! Love your frame too!

Barb

Kym said...

Beautiful card! I really like how you did the ribbon.

Kim Jenkins said...

This is a very pretty card. Your bow is perfect.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim